Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The really bad ideas that i get...

Not much happening on the home front right now...Just waiting for the little midgets' surgery.  On an impulse after a particularly good workout (those are quite rare, every night when Dana calls me to workout I curse her name and wonder what made me thought that this was a good idea) I decided to sign up for the HSBC 10 km at the end of May.  I am now regretting this decision as it just sounds painful and not so much fun.  I am poor and determined not to waste money so we will see how this little experiment in running goes.  In the very least I can get rid of this fatness that Sterling so obliged in helping me gain....I hardly see that fairness in this situation.  It took no effort to put this weight on and I have been working out 5 times a week for 2 months straight and eating nothing (which sucks cause I have a massive sweet tooth) and I have only lost like 10 pounds.


Sterling now has learned to say 'Mama' and at first it was all sorts of cute and wonderful...Now it just makes me feel bad when he is calling 'Mama' and crying for me to pick him up.  Before he was crying it was easier for me to be more objective and not give into the little monkey.  Now I can't help but give into his little self when he is asking for me.  As most of you know he is really needy and always wants us to hold him.  Having him have to face his third surgery in 7 months I feel obligated to make him suffer the very least as possible.  Which has pretty much just screwed me over and made my life harder.


Corbin (Sterling's cousin that is 16 months old) and Sterling are just so freakin' cute together.  I went upstairs to talk to Ang and Corbin was sitting on the couch watching Cars, which is a pretty rad movie that even entertains me.  He looks up at Sterling at opens his arms to hold Sterling.  So I put Sterling in Corbin's arm and he takes Sterling and cuddles and pats his head and keeps rubbing his back.  He kept this up for 10 minutes before I had to take Sterling back downstairs to get ready to go out.  I swear he is so good with Sterling so that he can look over and help take care of Sterling....The other day he went and got Sterling a diaper, pj's and a blanket and a rag when he was laying on the floor.  He then proceeded, as best as a 16month old can to try and diaper him, wipe his face off and put pj's and a blankie on him.  I thought it was cute.

I will leave you with this rad vid of the little guy muscling his legs over for a roll.  It is apparently twice as hard for paraplegics to learn how to roll because they have to roll their legs without the help of them and use their trunk muscles for everything....It just makes me smile watching this.


-Alauna

2 comments:

  1. HI guys
    I love the blog even though we talk.We pray for a quick recovery for the little guy. He is a sweetie.i loved the story about Corbin and him.They are so cute together.He is a smart baby. He knows how to work mom and dad.Love you all lots.

    Mog and Pog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a stupid idea, a good idea. It keeps you motivated!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete