Sunday, March 22, 2009

This Morning the Devil Confronted Me...In Snow Form

I was stupid. I did a very dumb thing and got excited that winter was over. I thought I had good reason. It was the first day of spring a couple days ago and the last two days were really really nice. And then I wake up to this (our little hatchback turned into a minivan):

About 9.5 inches and still coming down. Yeah I know, thats about as cool as Steven Harper wearing a dress. Ok that would actually be pretty cool to see, but you get my point. I swear I could hit someone...the weather man would do. On the positive side its not that cold only about -5 celsius right now. And maybe since we are getting so much now we wont get the usual dump in May. Who knows, the weather forecast in Calgary seems to be as reliable as a Delorean. 



While it was warm yesterday, we made a scooter board for Sterling. I took a piece of pine and cut down to about 18x11 inches and threw some castors on it. Launa got some padding and sewed a cover for it and we screwed and eyelet into the end of it so we could attatch a rope. Basically, it makes it easy for him to cruise around since he can't move is legs. 


He is pretty cute, he pretty much only turns in circles right now because he is trying to turn over and get off of his tummy. Persistence will surely bring good things here, he should be cruising in no time. Speedy Sterling Mcqueen. He has started speaking all sorts of gibberish including "dadada" but we are pretty sure it has nothing to do with me because we call me 'Papa'. 
-Trevor

2 comments:

  1. Sterling looks adorable on the scooter board.When he finds out he can get around i am sure he will love it.He will be running into everyone soon and think he is so funny. Get your shin pads ready. Go sterling.

    Love Mog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute!! It will be an ajustment for you to get use to him moving on you, you will have to watch where you step, but of course he won't be very sneaky as you will have roller sounds wherever he goes.

    ReplyDelete