My little guy is a year old! I can't believe it. It has already been a year and I don't know it went by the fast. It was the longest year in history but it went so fast. His Birthday was yesterday but we had our family shindig today. Also, today is the one year anniversary of his huge 9 hour Meningocele surgery to close the lesion on his spine that he had at 24 hours old. What a little trooper, three major surgeries in his first year. Lets hope that it was his worst year and things will look better.
Here are some photos from the little guys party:
Him not too impressed with all the work I put into his pirate cake...
The cake I made for Sterls...Never turns out the way your picture them, does it?
At Least he seems to be enjoying the cake!
Him and Papa opening the gifts. I think I should have just got him paper for his birthday because he was also unimpressed with his gifts and stoked on the paper.
I always thought I would be super sad about him turning 1 but I think the prospect of my looming restart of work after my 3 months of disability leave (I had Kidney Stones and they wanted me to take it easy so the little guy wasn't born early because he needed major surgery) and 1 year maternity leave has left a rainy cloud over me. I am pretty super depressed about going back to work because the poor little guys needs extra attention and work than most children. I feel really guilty that he wont be getting it from me. I am also upset that I cannot go to all his appointments. I like be informed and updated directly from his doctor's about his status but I can't miss that much work or else all my 3 weeks of vacation would be used in a snap. I am hoping that after Trevor finds an auto-body apprenticeship I will be able to quit in a year or two and just focus on helping Sterls. Well, that sums up our life of late. Little guy is tuckered out from all the excitement and needs to go down for a nap.
-Alauna
No comments:
Post a Comment