Friday, November 27, 2009

Banff Springs, here we come!

So it is my favourite time of the year! Every November during the last weekend my work, Progress pays for everyone to have a 2-night stay at the Banff Springs Hotel! This is my 4th year going and it never seems to get tiring to have a free vacation there. I posted some pictures for all our American readers that don't know what this hotel is looks like. It is a super rad old hotel built in 1887 (of course it has been expanded and remodeled since). My favourite part is the outdoor hot pool. I could just lounge in there all day long,especially when it is around zero Celsius. They also feed us these amazing breakfasts that I swear add 10 pounds to my frame in just one weekend. Yup, super freakin' excited...We even get to leave work early in order to get there at a decent time.
But on some not so good news. Sterling just started showing symptoms of the cough that I have had for weeks last night. He woke up every 10-30 minutes coughing himself awake and then crying because it hurt so much! I feel so bad for him because NyQuil is the only thing that has kept me sane and helped me get at least a few hours of sleep. He just has to suffer the good old fashioned way. As well, he has an eye infection and is rather inconvenient. When he wakes up from naps and a night of sleep, his eyes are glued shut from all his eye boogies. When I picked him up on Tuesday from being watched his eyes were all red and puffy. Just thought he was tired, then on Wednesday morning he couldn't open his little eyes. Bad news, poor little Sterly beans.

Sterling went to his monthly PT/OT appointment on Tuesday. It took him a little while to warm up but then we was being his normal little adorable self. Well, almost....I think this mostly took him so long because he was starting to get an eye infection and he wasn't feeling too well. This was going somewhere eventually, oh yeah, they are going to set up an appointment with a vendor to get him fit for his first real wheelchair. Not that the one his has right now isn't real, but he will actually fit this one. So cute! I took him to his appointment in his old wheelchair and he loved it! After the appointment he wheeled down the huge hallway by himself. In order to make it so we weren't at the hospital for the next hour I started pushing just a little. His hands were going around so fast on the wheels and he totally thought he was moving himself so fast. He was giggling and wheeling faster and faster. I just couldn't show him that I was the one pushing him because he was enjoying himself so much. We decided we are going to take his wheelchair to Banff because there is just endless hallways and ballrooms and whatnot in the Banff Springs for him to wheel himself around.

Will post some pics. after this weekend.
-Alauna

1 comment:

  1. JEALOUS!! Find out who isn't there I will be there in a bit to take their place

    ReplyDelete