Friday, February 12, 2010

Latest Project....so Tired.

This week I took on a ton of projects simultaneously. Unfortunately that means that I didn't really get any of them done and just got most of them half done. Here is the one and only project that made the time restraints for my newest post. I bought a sweet new mirror at Homesense for $10. THe mirror is nice and everything but it was just a plain white frame and it made all the beautiful details invisible in soft lighting. I decided to add some glazing to the frame in order to make the details pop, and pop they did. Now you can see all the details and it adds some dimension and interest that wasn't there before. I am super happy with my results...What do you think?
Here is a close up of the glazing I added to the mirror.
Also if you noticed this isn't so much a mirror anymore. I decided that in fact I didn't need another mirror to add to my mirror collection fetish (I seriously have like 10 mirrors all over my house). I bought some cheap chalkboard spray paint. After 10 minutes of masking the frame it only took about 2 minutes to do a couple coats of chalkboard paint and she was done. I was so happy after the fact because the black chalkboard also helps bring out the glazing that I did on the frame. I was totally happy with my results, for once...I am a bit too picky and critical of my projects or at least that is what my husband tells me. Such an easy projects and only took about 30 minutes in total.

I painted the basecoat in my guest bathroom last night at midnight. I am going to add another colour on this tomorrow or Sunday depending on the amount of energy I have tomorrow. Will show pictures when I finish this bathroom. Really excited about my idea, but won't tell in case it doesn't work out. In that case I will pretend this post doesn't exsist not show pictures this week of my bathroom.

Yea, I know, I suck at this blogging thing...It is really hard to work a full time job, raise a little rat baby, finish all my millions of projects and then manage to fit a couple minutes in to blog about my progress. Work was so busy this week....I went into to work early, worked through lunch and then stayed 30-60 minutes after. I think that the next time I fall asleep I won't be waking up for at least 3 days. This wasn't just because I enjoy my job but in fact due to 2 people going on vacation and I just happen to be the only other person that knows how to do both jobs...which resulted in me attempting to do three people's job and sucking at them all. Wow, just thinking about this last week makes me want to go to sleep.
-Alauna
p.s. can I also add that curtains are my arch nemesis. I have made 4 different sets of curtains and window treatments for my main level and haven't liked any of them. I think that sewing is not my strong suit and should leave it to the professionals. I did this to save money and personalize my space...which has ended up is being really costly and about 100 hours of wasted time. It would have been cheaper just to buy really nice window treatments from the getgo. Dangit!


No comments:

Post a Comment