Monday, July 19, 2010

Stripey Stripey

It is pathetic that it took me this long to do this particular post as I did this project back in April.  I decided to help paint and come up with an idea for my niece Jaedon for her birthday.  Her room was fairly plain to begin with so it was an open book.  We decided to go the way of the stripes as it seemed like she would be able to grow into this room more than a lot of other paint themes in children's rooms (I know more stripes, I am in love with the stripe so deal). So I got out my handy painters tape and started taping away....
And this is what we came up with:
The base coat was a simple cream colour and then we took a deep purple and a light grey to add some contrasting stripes into the mix. 
I originally had painted one wall but the cream was so mellow it needed another wall added to the mix.  My sister finished the next wall as I quite sick and preggo during this process but the room needed more.  This is the end result of the stripes we added for interest:
It is quite a lovely adult type stripe and I am in total love of these two walls. 

Now only to blog about the other 6 projects that I have completed and haven't taken the effort to load the photos onto the computer.  In my defense I have started my nesting phase really quite early with this pregnancy.  I have ripped apart my whole house from top to bottom in an effort to ultra organize before the baby comes.  The basement, main floor and Sterls room have been completed and my room is all that is left in the mix.  This has taken Trevor and myself about a month of weekends of a non stop cleaning fest. I now have about 10 projects I want to complete for the shared room I have in mind for Sterls and his little sister...Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment