Thursday, June 2, 2011

May Long

We went to Golden, Bc on May long and had a really freakin' good time.  I love getting out in the mountains and always wonder why I do not go there more.  I am always happier there and seem to be free from all my worries.  We went to this sweet park at the school there.  On a long weekend in Calgary there is no way that we would be the only people on a playground with 25 degree weather.  And look at the back drop - how rad would it be to go to school or have a playground with such a beautiful back drop.  That isn't counting the mountains that you can see all around.  So rad!


Sterls of course had the best time ever!

 We stayed in these chalets that were pretty awesome and as you can see in a beautiful location.  We got them in a bid on this site.  You should check it out, I think the next auction is in October and I got killer deals on a bunch of items.

We went on a huge walk around the river path that goes all around Golden along the river.  The kiddies really enjoyed themselves (I would too if I got carried around in a backpack everywhere).  Pictured below in the longest timber frame bridge in Canada.  Interesting fact....



 We went and threw rocks at the river by our chalet.  Which is always a favourite of Sterls.  He loves it and did that for over an hour before we decided to head back to our chalet.

 The only downfall to the trip was Emy got this killer runny nose and a little bit of a fever and stayed up all night long in misery.  She couldn't sleep which turned out that I didn't get to sleep.  Poor little girl was pretty miserable half of our trip as you can tell in these photos.  Sterls and I got it a few days later but at least we didn't have it during this trip.  Unfortunately I have cough variant asthma and now I can't seem to get rid of the cough that always happens after I have been sick.  It is two weeks later and I am still coughing non-stop (don't worry I am not contagious, just miserable with my cough).  I finally went into my doctor to get some asthma medicine because I am coughing myself awake....which he told me can take up to 6 weeks to start getting rid of the cough...Sad cloud :( I am leaving for a week long vacation in 4 weeks!  My record for coughing with my CVA has been 3 months so hoping that I don't get that record a run.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed it. I was meaning to ask you if all went ok... I will email you later!

    ReplyDelete