Thursday, August 11, 2011

A little Humour.

I need a little humour in my life today.  I am extremely tired of packing and I am only about 5-10% done and only have 2 more weeks in which to do it.  I also am mad the the stocks because the value of them has dropped at least $1000 in a couple of weeks :( Boo to me for not taking them out when I knew I should have.

I was telling my sister-in-law Dana about the wheelchair that T's parents got the Sterls build-a-bear whilst in Utah, and she made this genius suggestion that I see if Emy could fit into it.  Yup, we roll that way here.
Her little thunder thighs did make it a little bit of a task but she did eventually fit and she absolutely loved it!  She may not be the perfect fit but it did make me have a morning laugh.

My aunt Carolyn, uncle Jerry and Cousin Sally and her fam. came and visited us from Utah.  We had a big ole' family potluck at above said sister-in-laws house and it was super fun!  I always wonder why we don't have big family things more often as it is just enjoyable to be around each other.  My favourite story of the night involves me of course.  I must admit that it didn't really surprise me that I was a weirdo from the start of life because not much has changed.  Well, maybe just that most people don't know that I am a weirdo because I usually confine it to the walls of my home.  Now what I am talking about is that when I was about 2-3 years-old I decided that I was a puppy.  I totally was committed to this act.  I was so committed in fact that for 4 months straight I was a dog (which Trevor says is no surprise that I would be stubborn enough to keep the act going for so long).  I walked on all fours and when spoken to only answered in a bark.  I played ball in which I would bring the ball to someone in my mouth and they would throw it and I would crawl to it fetch with my mouth.  I even went as far as licking my brothers' friends feet when they came over and only eating out of a bowl like a puppy.  Now, you may think that it was cute that I would pretend I was a dog once and a while at that age, but what is weird is that I pretended I was a dog ALL THE TIME, meaning 24/7 for 4 months straight.  I would talk, walk or do anything unless it was in dog form.  My sister told us that about that time the goldfish started going missing.  Nobody knew where they were going.  One day my sister came down the stairs and found me biting the head off of one of the fish and proceeding to eat it.  I guess about the time everyone was starting to think I had psychological problems I just stopped one day.  Yup, I'm that weird.

I will leave you on that note.

P.S. Note to all the people that I am friends with now and are reading my blog and are thinking that maybe they should stay away.  I don't pretend that I am a dog whilst in the confines of my home anymore...I swear!


No comments:

Post a Comment