Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Halloween Post

In usual me fashion (I'm a cheap gangster that never spends money unless I need to) I made Emery a Halloween costume this year.  I found some leftover fabric that I had in my craft bin and pilfered a bunny costume pattern from my sister and came up with this little number.

 Since I was cheap and didn't want to go buy fur for her costume I decided to go the stuffy bunny route and even hand stitched around all the edges with a blanket stitch to add some detail.  You can tell how much I sew because it took me from 9am straight until 5pm to do this one little costume.  Granted the hand stitching took most of the time but yeah, not a sewer much.  Don't look to closely or else you will see my crappy craftsmanship.

And what became of all my hard work?  Well, this is how much Emery appreciates her costume...
Onto easier and more my style of Halloween projects.  I decided to paint myself some pumpkins for our front porch.  I took these three cheapo $2.46 pumpkins and made my own stencils out of painters tape.  Then used some leftover spray paint that I always seem to have an endless supply on hand.  I think I might have an obsession with spray paint.

 And this is what resulted in the end.  Gotta love the monogramed one (It's Trevor and my own favourite one).  Of course Sterls loves the spider one and wants me to paint some spiders on his pumpkin when he carves it this weekend.

Shiny, shiny, I love me some shiny pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment