Bought the kids a crabby sandbox on kijiji. Gotta love that site, $20 for the sandbox with sand in it. Kids of course love it. I'm on the fence about it. Not so stoked on the sand living in my house these days and the filthy kids it seems to produce. It makes me laugh because Sterling keeps asking on a daily basis if he can 'go into his crappy sandbox'. Lol, mispronunciation makes me laugh.
Took the kids to the playground and a 7/11 run. Emery was more concerned with her slurpee than going to play. That girl is addicted I tell you (don't know where she got that from....). I must tell you...I never knew walking 5 blocks to 7/11 and 5 blocks back could be so painful...Ouch, you get one more week to bake and then you need to start planning your exit strategy. I posted and told Emery to start coming on my birthday and she did, so I am hoping that it works with this little guy too. Probably not so much...
We also took Sterling to the circus as a treat before the baby comes. He LOVED it. Absolutely loved it. His favourite act was the motorbike and quad tricks of course. What little boy doesn't love that? He had a silly smile plastered on his face the whole time, made me so happy to see him like that. He still talks about it 2 weeks later.
We have been trying to clean up the yard these last few weeks so we can enjoy it this summer. Our first whole summer with our own yard to enjoy, not some rentals! Will post photos of befores and afters. So far we have taken out the chain link dog run fence. Converted said dog run into a patio with some free pea gravel we scored to put our sand box, BBQ and hammock! The photo of the sandbox was taken before the pea gravel was laid.
Took out gate on dog run stairs, took out and replaced dog run stairs (apparently non pressure treated wood, dogs and the weather do not mix). Converted planters in deck into seating benches. Put up our cinder fire pit and half-way done to finishing the gravel parking in the back into a lounge fire patio. Yay! Loving me some summer and getting my tan on.
On not so loving my life news, sometimes being a mother to a disabled child is just so heartbreaking. The last couple of weeks Sterling has been really sad about his ability to not walk when all his friends are running around. He tells me things like "Mama, I'm sad that I can't walk like you, Papa, Emy and all my friends. It isn't fair! I can't play hockey, go skateboarding or run around". I had to spend the morning showing him videos of various athletes playing sledge hockey and sit-skiing. He finally got a goofy smile on his face and said "I'm going to get a sit-ski and go do big tricks because I have big guns!" love this kid! All it takes is a video of an extreme sports athlete in a wheelchair to make him realize that he has so many possibilities. I think it just really gets to him that all his friends are running around and it is just really hard for him to keep up when not in his chair.
He got his legs casted today for a new set of AFO's. Hallelujah! I mean, these last pair which we got less than a year ago have been nothing but trouble. He got them casted and then went back and they didn't even remotely fit. We sat there for 3 hours while they fixed them. Get home and only a couple weeks later are back because they gave him pressure sores. Went back 5 more times and they still are giving him pressure sores and do not even remotely fit right. Seriously, 7 appointments and 20 hours of waiting at Children's and they never fit right. I refused to go back anymore until they casted him new ones. Which took him getting a huge pressure sore and an infection. Wow, just happy to get new ones (and they are fishy ones, yay!).
Got my kids baby books that designed myself and had printed in the mail today! IN. LOVE. WITH. THEM. Glad I spent more for the hardcover image wrap and premium paper because they look so professional. Love them! Seriously!
In general loving that I am done with the last pregnancy I have to experience and just being able to enjoy being a mother to the best children ever! Seriously, how could you not feel lucky to wake up to this smiling face every morning! Such a happy little girl.
And to not get inspiration and feel like you need to suck it up a bit more when complaining about hip and leg pain because this little guy wakes up daily since he was born with back pain and headaches from the fluid pooling in his brain over night from his shunt. Sometimes, I don't even know that he is in so much pain because he just doesn't complain about it and is all smiles just to see me.
Yup, one lucky Mama here!











No comments:
Post a Comment