Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy American Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving my American Friends!  Hope you are all eating and enjoying your turkey for me. We usually have a big shindig at our place (because who doesn't need another excuse to eat more turkey and enjoy friends) but this year it was put on hold.  :( Wop Wop.  Last year we gave all our Thanksgiving guests the flu so we decided to play it safe this year.  Good thing we did...

I have been seriously ill all week and decided that I better go into the doctor today as I couldn't even manage to swallow my own spit and haven't slept for days. Turns out I have a very severe case of Strep that she was afraid was near to turning into Scarlet fever.  My joints all over my body are severely swollen and I could barely walk this week.  Yup, lucky me!  So heres to hoping that the antibiotics will kick in the next 48 hours and make me a little less miserable. Wow, talk about being thankful.  I am so very Thankful for modern medicine.  Without it I'm not sure I would have lived as long or at least not as pleasantly with my asthma and all the Pneumonia and strep it brings with it.  I also know that Sterling would absolutely not be here to bring so much joy into my life without all the advances in medicine.  One lucky Mama here that he wasn't born even 50 years earlier!

This little guy has been making me smile all through the pain this week.  Who couldn't resist his chubby little cheeks?
Love my family!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment