Yup, it is all about my beautiful children. A day early Valentines post about three of the loves in my life. I figured it was more than about time to update on the life and personalities of each of my beautiful children because I rarely sit and put down the thoughts I have on them and I want them to know how much I love them!
First is Brighton, the sweet and tender little boy that has made my life even better. I think on a daily basis how crazy it was that my unexpected pregnancy made me so upset and then I saw his face and knew that he was meant to be in our family. He is almost 8-months-old and he is such a little charmer! He has the sweetest most beautiful and serene personality. He rarely cries and just wants to be hanging out with Mama all day long. I can ALWAYS get a smile out of him. It doesn't matter what time of day if I just look at him the biggest goofy grin comes across his face. How could life not be better with his little smile lighting each day?
Emery: So much to be said about her and terrible two's is definitely in full effect. I see so much of myself in here that it is crazy! Perfectly defiant and so much sass and personality radiating from her little being. She is constantly mothering both Sterling and Brighton and making sure that everyone is alright. If I get her a snack she will always give Sterling her snack and then ask for one for herself. Constantly getting into tons of trouble climbing, demolishing and being generally crazy. As soon as she is caught and I tell her that she shouldn't be doing that she replies "Oh Mama?" in the sweetest little voice as if she never knew that she should be doing it in the first place. She is able to get away with a lot with her Papa because she has him wrapped around her cute little finger.
And Sterling, my beautiful little boy who is already 4-years-old (Or BIG boy as he insists he must be called)! He is such a happy, creative and independent boy. He has started sit-ski lessons and makes sure to ask every night before bed how many more sleeps until he gets to ski. He has so much determination and never gives up on anything. He has non-stop chatter and questions to anyone that will listen and even to those who won't. He will talk your ear off without a care in the world. I am sure the kindergarten teacher next year (Kindergarten, I can't believe it!) will be calling me lots to inform me how much he interrupts as I am already getting those 'talks' from his church teacher! It always puts my life into perspective to know that this 4-year-old has never walked and has been in a wheelchair since 16-months-old and in general has most tasks so much harder than most of us and he rarely gets down. He rarely complains about the pain and suffering that he is in on a daily basis. He has headaches from his shunt, back pain from his posture from not being able to walk and his arms get fatigued after crawling or wheeling around so much each day but he always has a smile on his face and a snuggle for me without a complaint in the world. I just know that he is going to accomplish so much and inspire so many people because he already has.
And NO, my son doesn't have 5 feet, lol. I use shoes to straighten out his legs in his standing wheelchair.
I am definitely the most lucky Mama in the world because I get to stay home and take care of the three sweetest children in the world.












Really beautiful kids. You must be a very good mama, otherwise those awesome eyes would not be so bright.
ReplyDelete