skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Vacations not so vacationey!
Wow, that was a really long vacation. We had so much freakin' fun but it really took it all out of me just being gone for 2 weeks with a midget. We left on a thursday and drove to Bellingham, Washington. On Friday we went to the outlet malls and got some killer deals and then drove to Ocean Shores, Washington. It was only supposed to be a 4 hour drive but the horrible Seattle traffic made us casualties of war. The drive took us 8 hours and Sterls was getting so mad at being stuck in the car for 11 hours the first day and 8 the next. Oceans Shores was pretty small but we had a lot of fun. Trevor and I rented mopeds and cruised the beach. Apparently, the beach on the penisula (It was about 1 mile wide so the ocean was on both sides of us and a lake was in the middle of it, SO AWESOME!!!) that we stayed on is a state highway so that was pretty rad.
We also took some speedy go-karts around the track and played skee-ball. Thanks to my parents for providing the free time share for us and for watching Sterling so we could pretend to be kids again.


Sterling loved the beach. We put him down and he instantly starting digging a huge hole in front of him. He really hated the feel of the sand though and kept trying to wipe his hands off.
After a week in Ocean Shores we decided last minute to go to Utah for the week to visit all our friends and family. I loved the drive from Portland to Pendelton. So gorgeous and green and made me want to move. Utah was unseasonably good tempered in its weather. I usually bake and just want to die because the heat makes me really sick. I was actually able to go out and enjoy myself for once...I have no idea how I survived there for 7 years in the awful heat. By the time we drove from Utah to home, Sterling was just done and hated the car. He whined the whole way home and cried for the last few hours. I can't really blame him, if I wasn't an adult that is supposed to be responsible and deal with stuff like that, I would have balled like a baby. When he wasn't whining he was saying "Uh-oh" repeatedly for hours on end. He learned it this trip and he was just go on and on. I must say it was rather cute though because we knew he was awake when we would hear him start saying it again and again. I was so sick of the car as we did about 53 hours of driving in 2 weeks. We had a lot of fun though and it was really fun to see all my friends that I only get to see about once every 1-2 years.
Sadly, I only have a little over a month left until my maternity leave is up. I have spent 24/7 with Sterling since he was born, so I don't know how I am going to adjust to only seeing him 3-4 hours a night. Hopefully it will all work out and be a smooth transition for us both.
Anyways, had fun but really tiring be on vacation with the little guy. He is a stud though, he barely cried or whined the first 2 legs of our trip. -Alauna
poor little guy!! Kudos to you guys for making it all work out. I'm glaad you had fun!!
ReplyDelete