I didn't want to be one of 'those' parents that is always saying how adorable their children are, but with Sterlings' new 'loaner' wheelchair, how could you not agree?
I went to Children's today and Sterling got fit for his new wheelchair. I have never seen a wheelchair this small. The vendor who came to fit Sterling said this was a little big but they don't make them smaller than this. Yeah, super cute!!! The top of his head now sits at about 2 feet tall when he is sitting in this chair. He gets to borrow this one until his comes in or another child needs to try it out.
We put Sterling in this midget wheelchair so he could take it for a test drive. He was all over the place. It was incredible and seriously made me so happy because Sterling was having so much fun. He has never been able to get anywhere real fast and he was cruising up down and all around the halls at the hospital. The vendor (Al) told me that he has seen children that have had their wheelchairs for three months not be as good as Sterling is now and that he would love to see him in a month to see how crazy good he is with his wheelchair. Oh yeah, my son is a natural at the wheelchair. SO FUN!!! Now that I am done bragging I will conclude with a video of Sterling a couple minutes after getting his first wheelchair!
So, so cute! Can't wait to see him in action. I haven't asked him yet, he is in bed, but I am sure Stacy can weld for you.
ReplyDeleteD.
He is so cute in that chair . Now he can get to things he wants better. Go Sterls.
ReplyDeleteMog
Would a thought you would have to put the cabinet locks on? Sterls you are awesome. Mom and Dad too. You guys are great!
ReplyDeleteSupposed to say Who'd a thought, ...
ReplyDeleteSorry, typing class. U R Awesome Sterls!
I was reading posts off of Chatting at the Sky and somehow ended up on your blog. Think I clicked on a link for ideas on painting doors and ended up on your blog. What a precious child in his tiny chair! I teach 6th grade and typically don't have kids with physical disabilities. This year I have a 12 year old boy with spina bifida that uses a chair and a walker. He is an absolute joy to teach. Your little one just made me smile to see him exploring in his new chair. Too cute!
ReplyDelete