Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My post on posting.

Yes, I haven't been back in weeks. I know! It isn't that I have not had anything to post because I really have. It was the evil thing called sickness that prevented me from this action. I took four days off before Christmas so that I could have 2 full weeks off of work during Christmas to visit my family that has traveled from yonder to visit for Christmas (Mog and Pog come from Utah, Colin, Stacey and family from Saskatoon and Ry and Kay from Rossland, BC). That didn't work out too well. The first day I had off I got super sick. I felt fine most of the day and then instantly I just had to throw-up. No I am not pregnant! My whole family assumed the same until they all followed in sickness within 12 hours. Yup, everyone got the super flu over Christmas (everyone being Me, Sterling, Mog, Pog, Colin, Stacey, Lucas, Chloe, Tyler, Dana, Stacy, Angus, Sean, Kelli, Cameron, Ryan, Kaylee, Scott (there would have been more people but they had already had this flu a few weeks before)). So I pretty much spent the whole first week of my time off throwing up and being really sick. The second week I got a bad cough due to my asthma. I have had this bad cough for 2 1/2 months that has made me not able to sleep or really even function properly. After I got the flu my immune system was so down that my cough started up really bad and made me cough every 5 seconds for 5 days straight. I went to several doctors that told me to come back when it was worse. I don't think a cough can get worse and I have had it for 2 1/2 months. I finally found one that told me I have cough variant asthma and gave me a couple inhalers to stop the coughing. So a week after I am finally almost back to normal. But feeling rather ripped off. I missed my whole 2 weeks of Christmas vacation being sick. I missed Christmas eve (we do tons of fun things together as a huge family like 26 people). Yup, missed that. I didn't even wrap Sterling's Christmas gifts. I didn't take any photos. Not one of Christmas! I am so sad now. This is the first Christmas that Sterling has had that he got excited over his gifts and I missed it all.

I have done a few projects and gotten a few new projects to start on when things level out and I clean my house from not doing anything for 2 weeks straight. Project that I have done:
Rad lamp (loved the shape, colour didn't match decor)
Christmas shelf
New Stockings

Projects to do:
Rockingchair $15 at Interfaith furniture store
Wooden Highchair
Captains bed

I will be posting pictures of my projects when I get a chance.

Sterling went to Meylo clinic yesterday and got a perfect bill of health for now. Yea! He has to get a kidney ultrasound and MRI before his next clinic in 6 months, but he will always have to get both of those frequently to make sure that they prevent anything from happening before it gets too serious. He was the hit around all the other kids and parents at clinic! He was just rolling around being his cute little self and all the other kids and parents couldn't stop smiling and playing with him.

How do you stop your 17 month old from throwing huge tantrums? Sterling was such a mellow easy going little baby. Most of the time he is still his charming little self but every once and a while starting about a month ago he started throwing massive tantrums where he grunts and goes red and then flails his arms wildly around hitting everything and everyone around him and pulling my hair. I don't give into his little tantrums but I also can't get them to stop. Yeah, gotta love your child screaming like you are beating them in public.

-Alauna

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you were so sick. That sucks.

    At home tantrums I walk away. Tantrums aren't as much fun to throw if no one is watching. In public we go sit in the car, or I ignore them, pull the cart from the front instead of pushing it where they can see you etc. Just pretend you don't notice it. lol. shopping trips are fun.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete