Monday, January 25, 2010

Curtains and a sneak peak!

I have slowly been making curtains for our place as I am not into the yellow smoke stained curtains that are in place in half the house still. I got this tutorial from here. If you are into interior design and DIY this is a GREAT site. Super lovin' it. I am going to make pelmet boxes above them in a brown fabric to cover the hardware on the side and give them some interest, but that might be awhile as I have a few projects in the works that I am super excited about. These roman shades were super easy, cheap and give a clean look which I am looking for in our living room.
Here is my killer value village buy a couple weeks ago. I know she doesn't look like much now, but wait until I post the after picture of my $3 beauty. I have her done, but due to lighting issues (meaning I don't get home until dark and I am not a fan of interior lighting for pictures) you have to wait until I can get a decent picture. What do you think?
Had our first Hope Classic 2010 planning session this week! I think it went really well and it got me super stoked about the 5k and 8k run happening in August. Mark your calendars everyone, should be tons of fun (or at least food and a chance to learn about Spina Bifida and how it affects everyone).
-Alauna

No comments:

Post a Comment