Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Lamp Chronicles

First things first, what the heck is going on with the freakin' weather today. Woke up at 5:30am, got ready for work, went out and waited for the bus for work....and waited....and waited....and waited. I live on 2 bus routes so between the two bus routes a bus comes every 5 minutes. I waited for over and hour and not one bus came. Finally some guy driving by tells the crowd of 30 of us waiting for the bus that there are 4 buses stuck and the bottom of the hill and it doesn't look like they will be getting out anytime soon. So I think after about 4 buses getting stuck they just decided to cancel our bus route. Isn't that lovely...So after I had waited an hour for the bus, Trevor was leaving to take Sterls to Ang's to get watched for the day and I hitched a ride with him to the train. Whew, an hour and a half late to work and I am tired and cranky from being the the cold snow drifts. I get to downtown and it is like I imagined the weather being horrible. There is a cm of snow here, what the freak? I was walking through hip deep snow drifts in Royal Oak....there is a 10 foot tall snow drift in my back yard....Right, I think I totally got screwed on this one and no one at work believes me that it is horrible on my side of the city. Did I imagine it? We will see...I will take some photos when I get home tonight and they will be posted to prove I am not a crazy person.

So Sterls new wheelchair finally came in yesterday. He got fitted and it took about 2 and 1/2 hours of pure pain on my part. He kept trying to escape and I was running around like a wild chicken to keep him in line. Plus in the waiting room he decided he should run over every one's toes while we were waiting to be seen. I love how good he is in the wheelchair, but it is like giving and one and a half year old a license. He thinks it is funny to ram people but I am going with not so much....My ankles always have huge bruises all over them from his ramming rampages. I must admit though, he is pretty freakin' cute in that chair. I cannot believe the mad chair skills he has for a kid of 20 months. Wow, I must say! I will have to take some new video footage to showcase the art of wheel chairing. On the bad end of this, every time I take in out in public in his chair I can't get anything done because I have people stopping me to tell me how cute and amazingly good he is in his chair every 5 minutes. He doesn't help out the situation because he is a little social monkey vying for every one's attention. He looks at every single person in the store and says "hi". Then he starts playing games with them and making them laugh. Shopping is a horrible experience that takes me 10 times longer than it should because of Mr. Social pants. I am a shy person that hates talking to anyone and pretty much everyone, so this is a curse to my life!

I think this is the longest I have gone without posting. It is not without reason, I have been horribly sick the last few weeks and haven't even touched my housework or any projects in turn for going to bed at 8pm and lounging on the couch all night veggin'. I am hoping that today will turn a new leaf and I will get back to posting and actually getting things done. Plus my promotion at work is taking every spare second of energy I have for training. So tired!

Here is the new awesomely cute hate that we got Sterls at H&M for $6. Can you believe it? Sooooooo cute (and he loves it and actually wears it everywhere)!

So I did a couple of projects recently and will share one today. I need to stretch out my posts since I have done nothing into a few different ones for this next week. My thoughtful and wonderful husband bought me a beautiful accent chair that I have been lusting after in my last post. Well, I love that chair, but now my couch pillows, rugs and lamp do not even remotely look good in my living room anymore. I originally had a bright white lamp with a black lampshade. I painted the base an off white and I recovered it to look like this:
Well, it has now been transformed to look like this:
That chair added such a fun palate to my living room that I decided i needed to punch up everything else in there. This is just the start of the living room make-over. What do you think? Old lamp or new lamp? I think it is kind of fun and playful...

1 comment:

  1. I love the new lamp shade, think the colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete