Monday, May 3, 2010

More Lamp Chronicles...

While I am on the subject of lamps.....I have just redone my bedroom side table lamps. They started out as a ivory colour which didn't match the bright white theme of my master bedroom. I put my fabric of choice over the lampshade which was a bright white with a little bit of texture. What happened was.......when the light got turned on, it turned my white fabric back into the ivory shade beneath the fabric. So, I got out my trusty acrylics and paintbrush and 10 minutes later it went from this to this: After the acrylic paint dried I used some spray adhesive and attached my fabric of choice (as seen below). I love love love the texture of this fabric.
This is the end result. A much better colour match and I super love the texture of the fabric. It certainly adds a lot of character (that cannot be seen in the below shot).
Yeah easy projects that only take 10 minutes and make everything look so much better. And yes, that is the side table that I refinished with black paint and silver leafing. And no, I am not ready to share until I have finished decorating (notice the lack of photo in my photo frame?).

Some exciting new to share this week after proper photos have been taken. I will give you a hint: It is super cute and is named Zoey.

No comments:

Post a Comment