I have officially made the switch...To what you might ask? Well, we have officially switched to a cloth diapering household. How do we feel about this? Well, not so stoked. I am really trying hard to save money these days and so I decided that since I was spending over $100 a month on diapering and wipes this was the best place to start. Sterling has bowel issues and as such we are pretty sure that he can't potty train. So imagine how long we will need to continue to buy diapers until we know what his prognosis is...Yep, really expensive. We just went on a vacation and spent some time in the states so I bought a ton of these Bum Genius diapers (to which I might add were $10 a diaper less in the USA- How this translates when the dollar has been close to par for a long time is beyond me):
How cute are they? The one thing that I am looking forward to about this extra chore around the house is that at least it comes in a cute little package and look at all the adorable colours they have:
I bought two of each colour except sweet and bubble. At a total cost of $280, it will take me less than three months to pay these babies off. I will let you know how this adventure goes and what I really think of it when I have been experiencing the cloth diaper longer. Also, I just cut out 100 fabric flannel wipes this morning for more money saving. It can't be anymore work since I am already laundering the diapers. They are super cute but now I have to serge the edges of 100 of these things which is kinda hard to do when you don't own a serger...Hmmmm.
Photos to come of the vaca...I took about 10 million photos so it might take a while to sort them all out and upload them onto the computer. So be patient and be prepared to see really adorable picture of the kiddies (I took lots).
One last thing, can I just say scary! I saw a lady holding her baby that looked to be EMy's age on her lap in the passenger seat while driving 120km down the highway on the way home. First lesson learned, people are always watching. I called the police on them because can you imagine a car accident happening with the poor baby on her lap. Yup, really freaked me out ESPECIALLY since it was Canada Day weekend and the road traffic was crowded and awful. What would have you done if you saw that?


Oh wow. I can see how that will save you some good money. I used cloth with Chelsea cuz we had NO money. My mom helped make them from diaper flannel. Thats what it was called. We made a square and folded them into the triangle shape. Seemed much better than the square ones. Love all the pics you always post Alauna. Thank you! Miss you all so much and I would of called the police too. People are awful! Love, Kami
ReplyDelete