Monday, December 26, 2011
Mi familia
Feeling extra lucky and sentimental tonight so here goes. My children are nuts. They scream they cry they yell and boss me around. They keep my house in a constant state of chaos. I hardly sit, sleep, or think anymore. I can barely use my brain. It's like the moment after you slip or trip, but before you hit the ground. Panic. Regret. Embarrassment. I feel all of these things as I work to support my family and deal with life's little troubles. Everyday I eat a full helping of overwork, served with a side of underpay and chased with a fresh glass of indifference.
Then I walk through my front door.
Immediately I am greeted with a loud shrill shriek of excitement from my daughter Emery, followed by a loud "papa's home!!" : my son Sterling. They both rush to the door with their arms open for hugs and snuggles. My day is made. I waited all day, 18 hours for this moment. The smiles along with a bit of crazy radiates from my baby girl. Sterling flexes his mental muscles ( not to mention his physical ones) everyday. Always learning and teaching me something new.
So without making this too sappy:
I am head over heels in love with this family.
Ok that was probably too sappy. Oh well. It is true though. I work so I can live and I live for only 3.45 reasons. Well, them and anything peanut buttercup flavored.
Trust me on this one. If you have a family and are frustrated with work or school or your crazy schedule, take the time to slow it down an just look at what you have. My outlook on life has changed completely. Don't get me wrong I have my grumpy days. Sometimes I don't want to be around myself. But, to me all of it is 100% worth it.
My family makes life worth living. They complete me, had me at hello... They can be my hero...baby. Ok no more cliches.
Alauna, Sterling, Emery and tiny one. Papa is here and he loves you forever. Thank you for loving me back.
-T
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment