Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's official...

We officially got our anatomy scan done yesterday for little baby South.  And the results are in: We are going to be expecting (undeniably expecting) a baby boy.  
I won't lie and say that we were both a little disappointed.  We both really wanted another girl especially since: 
A) Emery will only be 18 months so they would be so close in age, how fun!
B) Little disabled boys are extremely hard on clothes.  Most of my boy clothes are hand me downs which equals every single pair of pants after 6 months of age had to thrown away.  Sterling drags his legs around so you can imagine how fast he can go through a pair of jeans...Yup, really fast.  On the other hand, I bought almost every single piece of Emery's wardrobe new and it is all in amazing condition.  Boo, to cute clothes that won't be used more than once.
C) Even though I have been blessed to have a little girl (an absolutely amazing and cute one), it still is hard to except when you wanted another one so bad.

The good thing about this: In exactly 4 months we absolutely won't care and will even be enamoured with our little boy.  I know from experience that as soon as you hear and see that little face that you are completely happy and couldn't imagine your child being another way.  Trust me, I know.  

My whole pregnancy with Sterling (I will admit this and not be ashamed) I was a little bit angry and wondering  why me?  What did I do to deserve getting a little boy that was not born perfectly healthy?  The funny thing is that now if I could have a do over and have him born without a disability...I WOUDLN'T.  I love Sterling exactly the way he is and he is so inspiring that I can't help but see how much joy and understanding he brings to anyone that is lucky enough to get to know him!  He makes other peoples lives better, he makes our lives better.  How can you not be inspired by a 3-year-old that doesn't know when to stop talking and is constantly showing you that you don't need to be the typical average person to accomplish what you want and to just be HAPPY?  Anytime that anything seems too hard for me to do or accomplish, I instantly realize that Sterling is able to do everything and anything that he wants and he knows how to get it, so why can't I?  I now realize that it wasn't a burden to get a child that has a disability and is so much more work but such a blessing and I love doing that extra work because it is for him.  How lucky am I that I was seen fit to help this inspiring little being through life?  

Emotional much, yup.  This pregnancy has gotten the best of my emotions and had me crying much more than previous ones (and I don't cry unless I'm pregnant or just had a child)....Gotta love the emotional roller coaster that comes with parenthood and appreciate my parents even more for being so understanding in my teenage years!  Thanks and sorry for being so bad tempered but just know that you will get your revenge when Emery is a teenager.  She already has more attitude and bad temperedness then I had in one pinky.

At any rate, please please please watch this video if you have a spare 8 minutes and you won't regret it.  It is about a skier in an accident and how his accident and disability didn't define him and that skiing does.  There is a longer version out there called, "The Freedom Chair".  It just makes me happy to see these kind of videos and how people are changing the perception of what it is to be disabled.  In the words of my husband "I love watching Dueck grin at the end as he talks about skiing.  If that's not inspiration..."


Sterling told me after watching this video that "I'm going to ski the biggest mountain in the whole world, not any small ones.  I'm too good at skiing to do that, Mama".  This kid makes me laugh at his cockiness.

On that note: Little baby boy South got his due date moved up a week.  YAY for me, now due June 17th!!!!  A week less of being pregnant is always great (I am having a scheduled c-section, boo :( so it really does equal one less week of being pregnant, yay :)).  And NO we are not sharing that name we picked out for him, you'll just have to wait 4 more months.  I learned early on that any name you pick will be criticized no matter how common or uncommon it is (and we both are in LOVE with our kids names)...But anyone that knows us knows we both lean toward the uncommon...

In annoying and stressful news: No news on my uterus haemorrhaging or if the baby was healthy or not!  Every single appointment at this specialist, the doctor has come in immediately after and told me the news.  This time he was not in and now I have to wait until my doctor's appointment in a week to know.  ARGGG!  I was so happy to just know and start dealing and planning and didn't sleep the night before because I was super stressed only to find out that I have to wait another week.  I am NOT a patient person and I am a super planner so this is going to eat me up.  I seriously fell asleep at 3am last night, at least Emy slept in until 7:30am today.  Yay for an extra hour for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment