Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Whoops!

Uh ooh moment of the week:

Trevor and I have been on a super diet this week. Im trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy size before I get too comfortable being overweight and just live with it. I took a fitness calculator and calculated the calories I should be eating a day to loose 1 pound a week and then added 400 calories for nursing so I didn't mess with my milk production. Went on my merry little way eating this amount for almost 5 days. Weigh myself and I have lost 4 pounds. Hmmm.....look back on the week. 3 days prior Brighton has started fussing non-stop, eating non-stop and crying ALL the time. I thought it was maybe a growth spurt or just residual schedule confusion from our trip a few days ago. Decided to look up "How many calories should a nursing mother have to loose weight?". EVERYwhere I look says a nursing mother should not consume less than 1800 calories a day or else you will mess up your milk supply.

Oops! Bad mother of the week goes to me. I have problems producing milk as it is and have to take milk pills to increase my supply in order to even make enough to get him through the day. If i miss a couple doses my supply decreases dramatically. I have been starving my poor little guy :( needless to say, I'm feeling pretty crappy right now. The thing was I was eating a TON of food, but it was a ton of low cal fruits and veggies so I never felt hungry because the amount kept me full. Can't say I won't enjoy the extra calories but lesson learned: Make sure you word your inquires properly when searching google for advice. I looked for how many calories nursing burned and added those instead of how many calories a nursing mother should consume.

Leaving you with cute blurry smiling photo of my sweet babe, LOVE him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment