This post is TMI much, sorry!
Was Ikea Wednesday night and as we started home at 8pm I all of a sudden just started bleeding down there. Oh yea, pregnant and bleeding. Also, let's throw in some horrible cramping. What you always want to happen.
Stop at Rockyview Hospital since it is closest to us while out and go into ER. They check me into the empty ER and then I just sit freaking out for 3 hours before anyone comes and talks to me.
Then a Doctor comes in and gives me a 10 second ultrasound to make sure baby is alive and well....yup but they can't say anything else. I sit another hour while they schedule a ultrasound on Thursday.
Go to ultrasound Thursday and come back to ER to hear results. Wait over an hour and the old man doctor comes in and says "It is what it is, follow up with your doctor in a few days" and gives me my ultrasound paper and leaves. Wow, what is that supposed to even mean?
So now it's Thursday afternoon and I am freaking out even more because what does that even mean? And my ultrasound paper says confusing and scary sounding things like uterus hemorrhaging and cysts and blood pockets. Get my follow up for Monday.
Monday go to my doctor and he says "Why did he even tell you to follow up in a few days?". Basically, I come to find out that the placenta tore from the wall while my uterus was growing and bleed out quite a bit. Not enough to hurt the baby but enough to have left huge pockets of blood in my uterus. I also have a cyst on one of my ovaries. The uterus had reattached and was fine now. The rundown, I have a slightly higher chance of miscarriage so from 1-5% and I can't lift anything more than 10 pounds or do strenuous stuff like clean or exercise. I also have to get ultrasounds every two weeks to make sure the blood is dissapating from my uterus. Unfortunately for me I have two kids both over the 10 pound mark and one being disabled...yea....pretty much impossible to not carry stuff over 10 pounds. Secondly, I HATE HATE HATE sitting for any amount of time. Yeah, gonna drive myself insane! Oh wait, I already am. Lastly, since the blood is foreign in the uterus I keep getting really bad debilitating period like cramps frequently. Which both freak me out (even though I know they are normal with blood in the uterus) and really freaking painful combined with the horrible morning sickness.
Can't complain, baby is healthy and well and only I have to suffer. And that is pretty much the only time I have ever had bad experiences with waiting and horrible doctor bedside manner. Trust me, I have been to more appointments in the last 3.5 years than most people can ever even imagine I'd possible.
So now I'm tired and bored and need some entertainment ideas. Oh, but I did find something I suck at doing for once. I am awful at crocheting. I just suck. Granted I only tried for an hour but I usually pick things up in just a few minutes. Gone are my dreams of cute baby hats, flowers and shoes I crocheted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my goodness!! You poor thing! Good luck with it all :(
ReplyDelete