Tuesday, January 31, 2012

De Island

I have an ugly kitchen.  It is just ugly.  I hated my white old appliances (now I only have the fridge to replace), I hate the cheap one row of tile along the counters, I hate the pink counters (seriously pink?!?),  I hate the orangish blonde oak. I definitely hate the hardware.  Look at it Oak and brass, it seriously makes my skin crawl. 


 Yes, I do know that I am super picky, but this house is only 10 years old and all the other houses the same age in this area are more modern.  Not sure what quite happened here?  I am on a mission to get my kitchen done before the little critter makes its way into the world in 4 months time.  This past weekend I decided to get a good old start on the kitchen and conquer the island!  There it is in all it's small and weirdly placed glory:



Here she is after some loving:




I still need to do the counter top but I prefer to do that all at once when I get the energy to do the rest of the kitchen.  It took about $30 in materials (which was scored for free with my airmiles points) and some extra paint that I have for the rest of my kitchen.  I had more fun than I should have....I don't know what it is but I have a serious love affair for my air compressor nailer.  It just makes me get a big goofy grin on my face every time I use it.  I seriously hog it for any projects and won't let Trevor touch it even if it is hard for me to reach with my midget arms.  For only 8 hours work I am super happy with the results and can't wait until the rest of my cabinets are painted white!  Yay, for a slightly more modern looking kitchen!

Please don't look at my pink counter....It is ruining the effect but I couldn't wait to share because that might be a couple months until I get to that one.

1 comment:

  1. I think you island looks amazing!! Seriously everything you do is amazing. And you are pregnant. You are super woman.

    ReplyDelete